Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on a roof rack for 91 trooper, costs,durability , etc.? Or would it cheaper to build one yourself with some conduit,a welder,a pipe bender and some black spray paint?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just got a killer deal on a set of racks that use the gutters and one of those long storage pods. Has locks and struts to keep it open. The guy only used the set a few times. Got it all for 100 bucks and its in like new condition. So I came up with an idea to add onto what I already have.
I want to get 2 more rack braces so I have 4 total. Then have the pod as far to the pass side as it will go. Thats what side it opens to anyway. Then on the other half of the roof I want to make a long skinny (2-3 feet) con-ferr looking rack that can hold my jack and other stuff.
This way ill have a protected pod for things I want dry and safe and the rugged roof rack for other crap I want to throw on top.

Can you picture what i'm talking about? I have a 91 also that I recently got and LOVE it.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
nice rack!

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I found mine on CL, but I had to drive about 200mi for it (Reno to Redding). Still, getting an $800 rack for $200 was worth it to me. Its the mondo sized, 50 x 84 inches.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts