Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a roof rack to put on my soft top 99 Amigo for a while now. I looked at the style that Michael had on his at mjw.com/amigo. It ataches over the soft top using brackets that extend over the side to the rear quarter panels. I cant seem to find who makes this, i have seen jeeps use this system but am not sure if i can adapt this to an amigo. Any help would be appreciated.
Also what do you guys think for a winch bumper
Calmini, DOR or ARB??

·
Registered
480 Posts
I am 99.9% sure MJW's is a custom fabrication thing. I am prolly gonna do that myself in a year or so. The other option is you can use either a thule or yakima rack that hooks to the door frames, but you need to use an extender , thule's is called a short roofline adapter, #477. It allows you to clip to two door vehicles. Though it limits you to a small roofrack.

The bumper's, well personally, I think I prefer Joe Darlington's, and he said you can order it with the brushguard attached like ARB's. His is smaller and doesn't stick out in front of the vehicle as much as the calmini and arb one, and I like that. Also, it looks like it may be easier to manipulate the tire end of the bumper if you need more clearence back there, incase you put a solid axle there and move it forward.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.