Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my rodeo is going in for paint in a couple weeks and I hate how the factory roof rack is so small. I've got a thule moab basket and I think it looks silly on the factory rack. Plan on buying the extension for the basket which will make it (edit 62x39in) which won't fit on the factory rack anyways.

I was looking at thule tp54 tracks with tracker2 towers. I like the idea of adjustable bars. Anyone used these? All I really see are gutter mounts around here...

Tp54
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00076VNH ... 089&sr=8-1

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm not sure where you're seeing gutter racks.... but, the adjustable roof rails work fine, as long as you have the length you want and a place to bolt them in. Personally I think a lot of Thule products are over priced, but they are a good product. I know the Surco baskets/racks are popular as well. I bought rails that are longer than the factory, but I had to drill the rack to get it to fit. You'll have to either drill your roof or the rack. If you drill the roof, you'll need inserts to provide a mount. Make sure you prevent rust when you do it. Post some pics when you get it done, I'd love to see it.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gutter mounts is what I was saying (the kind where the tower bolts to the gutter) not rails. Yeah the tracks are made to bolt in so I will have to drill to mount them. Good point on the rust prevention, thanks. Will post pics when I get going on it.

And thule is a bit overpriced, but great quality. I'm a self admitting brand whore. Thule > yakima, adidas > nike, pbr > keystone... you get the point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts