Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how are yall mounting your roof racks? looking at building one for my 92 trooper, and i have no idea how to mount it. pictures of the mounts/racks would be great. looking for some ideas/inspiration

·
Registered
282 Posts
I used Surco Rack Mounts with unistrut cross bars.
I do not recommend paying for the surco TR100 mounts. I traced them to a piece of paper cause I had two more made, and will gladly share that scanned piece of paper...
The fact they charge 60 dollars for 5 bucks and 10 minutes in material and labor is disgusting. Especially since the angles weren't perfect.

I can get more pics if you need them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shane if it's not too much trouble, could you get a close up of one of the mounts? I might get that trace from you.

Nfpgasmask, PM A picture and price on the bars

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Your trooper has 6 sets of mounting holes in the roof, 3 sets per side. You could fab some type of bracket and attach the rack to the brackets. There are several writeups in the planet :wink:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I used the Surco's and had two more made based on their design. Because my rack is longer than my roof, I wanted to use all 6 mounting locations.
If you go to the "Hall of Fame" Tad has a write up on how to get to the factory holes.
Also, be sure to get the proper bolts. I cannot remember them now, but I think they are 6x20-25mm. I can check tomorrow. I got mine at Lowe's.

I will take pictures of how I mounted. I took a bolt thru the rack-unistrut-bracket.
After chopping up my rack, I ended up with it exactly in the least best place, if I was 1 inch wider or narrower, I could have mounted to the cross braces, but as of now, they just serve as some further support and a spaver to keep the racks braces off the roof of the car.
Pic's tomorrow.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
didnt know there was a hall of fame/how to section. still getting used to this site. ill do some searching for that write up.

·
Registered
138 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.