Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know this may be an illusion, but it apprears to me my '02 LSE has a very slight sag on the passenger side. Maybe just the crown of the roads, but it does appear so on other Rodeos I have viewed in parking lots. When looking at them head on, the passenger front corner of the Rodeo appears slightly lower than the driver's front corner.

My last service check says all is OK, but I wonder if this is just a tolerance issue with the body on frame construction? I rarely drive with passengers, but on the lunch hauls with a coworker (who drives in on a motorcycle, and refers to the Zu as the 'short bus'), I notice the sag moreso with a passenger onboard, even a bit of steering to correct it.

Am I nutz? Or is this just a geometry, construction thing?

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
There are two things that you can do to resolve this, but first you need to see if it is real. I'd find a flat, level parking lot, and take a level with me to confirm. Then measure to the frame on both sides (pick something obvious that will be easy to idenfity on each side - the transmission crossmember is probably a good choice in the front). Do the same in the rear.

If the front is more uneven, I'd start there. You can crank up the torsion bar on the low side. As a VERY rough estimate, 4 cranks = 1 inch. This varies per vehicle. Probably 1 to 2 turns will be enough. Once the front is adjusted, the rear will be closer to level as well.

If the rear is more out of level, you can swap the rear springs from side to side. This will involve a floor jack, jack stands, and some simple hand tools to disconnect the rear shocks and maybe the sway bar.

For the rear you could also get a set of rubber (I've had negative experiences with the aluminium ones) spring helpers. Most auto parts stores will carry them. I can't imagine you needing more than one.

-Tad

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a similar problem with my wifes amigo, after trying everything I knew I bought the little rubber spring spacers like that and jacked it up and used duct tape to put a small level on the straight edge of the bumper and just used the rubber adjusters until it was perfectly level. This suspension lag will eventually cause uneven tire wear (If its really bad) so like Tad said give it a little attention and save yourself some pains in the future.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I did do the measurment tests, and everything measured up equally. But I still gave the torsion bar 1 turn on the passenger side. It cured the slight pull I was feeling when I had a passenger onboard...and my alignment is true.

Thanks for the advice. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.