Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any info on what options came with a Rodeo LS that didn't come on a Rodeo S would be really appreciated.
. I saw a '95 with a "bright package" or all chrome/chrome-like trim on the mirrors, bumper, bumper end caps & door handles. It had larger factory rims too, 15" or 16", as opppposed to what I have seen around. It had PL, PW, PM w/ heat. No Pwr seats. Reg cassette. Non-split back seat.
. I don't know if it's an LS or an S with the chrome package.
. I'm wondering about the 1995 models but any like year info would be helpful too.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
We have a 95 S and a 96 LS.

I can give you some comparisons. The 95 is lt green with the chrome trim and bumper. It has 16 inch wheels (option), cloth seats, AM/FM/Cassette, A/C.

The 96 LS has the two tone paint-black on top, silver on bottom. I have gray leather interior, AM/FM/Cassette/CD, 16 inch wheels (option), painted bumper and the suspension is a little tighter than the 95.

Same engines. All filters are the same. We buy 2 of everything.

One major difference. 95 S has a transmission dipstick and the 96 does not. We are the middle of a problem with the 96 and that is how we found that out.

Need to know anything else-let me know.

Shannon

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Just reread your post. We also have the PW,PM in both-both vehicles are heated mirrors. Both have the chrome mirrors. To be truthful, I don't know if mine has the split back seat though. Never put anything in it to find out. 95 locks are the ones that you push the driver's side down and it locks and unlocks all the others. 96 has the power locks. They both have the child lock button in them for the windows and the doors if that makes a difference to you. Means nothing here to me.

I don't know if this was an option or what, but the 95 had a cargo net in the cargo area and the 96 had a big rubber mat-those are switched now-I don't haul anything greasy. (ours were both bought used-95 was a repo and the 96 off a used car lot)

The dashes are completely different. The 95 has the dash with the headlight and wiper switches sticking out on each side. The 96 has the them on the steering column. The radio in the 95 is below the heater guages and the 96 the radio is all the way up on top with the CD player all the way down by the gear shift.

I am about to buy tires for both of them :cry: and started looking at the Tire Rack. That is how I found out that the 16's were an option. Of course, mine both have 16's.

As I said in the previous post-suspension and steering is completely different. The 96 is much tighter and handles better. The 95 seems "flighty".

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
the base "S" models had amnual windows locks am/fm/cas solid rear seat power steering.

power package- power mirrors,locks,cruise,tilt,int wipers

the "LS" had a sunroof that wasnt available in the "S" even as an option and had all the power package items and a split rear seat. It also had the rear cargo cover standard.
the bright package was the chrome handles,mirrors,front bumper and rear bumper ends, not sure if that was availabe in the "S" or was just a package on the "LS" or standard on the "LS" varied from year to year also

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not sure if it applies to Rodeos, but 9 out of 10 times on the Trooper regardless of generation S = base model/LS = factory options.

The LS package usually indicates that the rear axle housing has a limited-slip differential, hence the LS designation. Nice option to have if you want to run the trails, or if you experience a good deal of inclement weather.

Craig

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Lowzone-both of out Rodeos have sunroofs in them. The 95 S has the roof where you have to squeeze these buttons and push it up and the 96 LS has a crank to open it. Both are removable though I have this phobia about having it completely open due to the fear of birds leaving me a "gift" during a flyover. :shock: They seem to have the best aim.

We have the power package in the S also.

We are thinking about just ordering the chrome bumper insert for mine instead of having the bumper painted-it is rusted where the screws go in and the one edge has flaked and rusted. Depending on cost that is. If too pricey, I am having a visor put on the 96 (95 has one and I love it) and I will have the guy that installs it just paint the bumper when he puts the visor on. He is very picky so I know it will be done right. (his garage is so clean you could eat off the floor)

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
i know the "S" has an optional power package, but its not standard, nor is the v6, the 4ZE1 2.6L is standard in the base rodeo. Then they had the V6 package, with or without an auto, then the power package. The "S" never came with a standard sunroof. That flip up type is a dealer option add on. If you look at parts lists, they have 2 roofskins for the Rodeos , one with a stamped sunroof opening and one without. There was an option for a power slider, but that was expensive and only on the LSE package and that too was an add on at the dealership.. So far ive owned (2) 1991 v-6 "S"'s, (1) 1993 "S" 2wd V6, (1) 1995.5 "base 4 cylinder "S"(2) 1996 "S" V6 and (1) 1997 Rodeo "S" (parts truck, wrecked hard) and none have had factory or dealer installed sunroofs. Im not arguing the point, just that the first person asked what the differences are and im just stating the factory differences and options that make a "S" and "LS" different. I have leather in my 1996 V6 5 speed "S", the only thing im missing is a sunroof to be a "LS" i even have the rear split seat and cargo cover installed from that wrecked LS. This was the golden age of ISuzu, you could afford a nice vehicle and add on certain things that you cant get separately in todays vehicles. Just my .02 and experiences with these vehicles, now owning over 30 Isuzus over the last 14 years. Since i was 16 i have owned atleast one Isuzu

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
No offense taken, :D did not know that the sunroof was an added dealer option.

Personally, the only thing that I don't like is the sunroof in mine (the 96) being power. I had that in my 96 Cavalier Z and fell in love with it. But, I don't use the roof that often so it is not that big of a deal. Too noisy for me. :?

Thanks for the info and the corrections.

I just hope these are around for a long time. Sure so like mine. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.