Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to replace my shot wheel bearings. I have a 1999 Honda Passport/Rodeo with 4wd. I'm trying to make sure I don't have to do the same job twice so here is my question:

1. Is the rotor and the hub one piece?
- I know the car has wheel bearings and not a replacable hub but does the hub separate from the rotor? I ask because if they are one piece (hub and rotor) I want to replace my rotors at the same time that I replace my wheel bearings so I dont' have to do it twice. If they separate/bolt apart I'll just replace the rotors later as they are fine right now.

I've read Dave Chang's article on repacking/replacing them and it was VERY helpful. I've also looked at a diagram of the parts that leads me to believe they do separate.

Any advice on replacing the races if they are in bad shape?

Thanks,
Austin

·
Registered
506 Posts
i just did this two weeks ago. and no there two differnt parts its held in by the 6 hex bolts. then you can get the rotors off and on the back of that theres 5 or 6 bolts that holds the hub to the rotor. i relpaced my rotors and repacked my bearings. i bet you could just repack yours too. it took all the slopp out of the front :D not to hard if you have a impacked wrench. i know theres a snap ring that you have to take off too. its not to hard of a job over all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll inspect the bearings when I pull them but I've neglected them for quite a while. I'm pretty sure they needed to be replaced when I bought it two years ago. To date, I have not touched them :)

I'll probably replace them for peace of mind if nothing else. But if they're in awesome shape i'll return and get the baller brake setup I'm looking for. So far I'm going with:

- Hawk HPS brake pads
- PowerSlot Rotors (maybe cryo treated)
- Stainless braided brake lines

I'm trying to refurb my old passport back to day one shape drive wise. The suspension needs help for sure. I replaced the shocks a few months back with KYB's and it didn't do enough. My next move will be to go full Old Man Emu lift kit as I've heard it makes a HUGE difference in how well it rides. The added height is just a perk (or so I tell my wife).

·
Registered
506 Posts
sounds like your a busy man. i just replaced mu half shaft, front stocks, front links, front rotors, and front pads. the rotors and pads are just stock i think. im broke and still in highschool not much time to work. i have rear shock in my trunk and waiting to save up to get the 912 springs for a 2in lift. but now im trying to find things cheap in cost but funcinal. i spent yesterday taking my bumper off :D

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts