Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am posting this to see if there is any interest for people wanting to join for my run of the Rimrocker trail, 160 miles of dirt roads and mild trails down to Moab at the end of April! If you want to join for the whole trip, a section, or maybe just meet up for a burger and beer along the route I'm down to meet fellow members. I am ending my season at a ski resort so I have some time, and decided on this trail for now.

For those of you with knowledge of this trail, information is appreciated! I am in a mildly built 2000 Trooper, looking for more of a scenic back roads route rather than 4low offroading. My dates are flexible 1-2 days, but this is most likely when I will embark on my journey! :toothy7:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
One Big, I've not done Rimrocker personally but a friend of mine created the GPS track and guide for trailsoffroad.com. The late April/early May timeframe could be problematic based on weather--meaning whether a storm rolls through the high country and drops a bunch of snow; for example, two years ago on Mother's Day (early May) we had 9" and white-out conditions here in Springs and we're only at 6k feet elevation.

Scroll to the bottom and read the Trip Reports, too, latest one was in November.

Rimrocker Trail guide updated November 2017
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SAS said:
One Big, I've not done Rimrocker personally but a friend of mine created the GPS track and guide for trailsoffroad.com. The late April/early May timeframe could be problematic based on weather--meaning whether a storm rolls through the high country and drops a bunch of snow; for example, two years ago on Mother's Day (early May) we had 9" and white-out conditions here in Springs and we're only at 6k feet elevation.

Scroll to the bottom and read the Trip Reports, too, latest one was in November.

Rimrocker Trail guide updated November 2017
Thanks for that info! I was actually thinking about doing the trip on my Vstrom, but I doubt that now. I'm sure it'll be a last minute decision whether to take this trail or just go straight to Moab for a few days based on conditions.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top