Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've about decided on which rims to get but I don't know what backspacing to get . So how much more tire out of the fender do you guys think I need? The stockers that are on there make the rear tires look like their on the frame and in my opinion kinda make it look goofy from some angles

They also don't give too much stabilization since theres only 2 inches of wheel outside the mounting surface. The lack of stance causes my front tires the chatter when I have to turn sharp or go around a decent turn on a main road.

My other question is, should I go with a 7" wide rim or 8"? Right now I have 30x9.50's on there and they have alot of tread left so I won't be going to a 30x10.50 anytime soon but do plan to in the future. I will also use these on future isuzu's.

So let me know what you guys think.

PICS OF TROOPER
http://photobucket.com/albums/e43/85trooper/

·
Registered
715 Posts
If you haven't already made a decision, my vote is for the 7" wheels. they are plenty wide for a 31x10.50 tire. That's what I have. They work great.
Good luck,
Gary

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
3.5" of backspacing is typically what most Zu heads recommend.

A 7 inch rim will be fine for a 10.50.

My tires are mounted on a 7.5" rim and they are 11.20 wide.

If you ever forsee yourself going to a 33x12.50 I'd go ahead and get the 8" wheel.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.