Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Independent 4x Revolution 3 to 1 Tcase Gears - RG307 - Fits 1987-1992 Manual/Auto. This is the full kit brand new in box. Sells for $750 from Indy.

$600 Cash + Shipping

I installed them in my rig.... No longer available.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I'll also include the input / output seals (purchased from the dealer).

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
This would really be a nice addition to the spare 80k mile transmission I have lined up to go in my truck.. I can't justify the cost, but I hope someone gets and uses them!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still have these...

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
did they ever test these gears with the over seas T\D engine?

i know the trans is the same, but will they handle the added torque of the 2.8L T\D engine...

i gess the queston is would i be the first to mate these gears to a 2.8L :?:

·
Registered
774 Posts
I didn't know you had a 4jb1.
There is a video on u tube of some guy in Spain with a 2.8td, with the gears and it just idles up over hills, like nothing, so you would not be the first. You may also have to confirm the correct teeth count as I understand it there are two different sets sold.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
LOL its on the agenda, soon soon. "not that it will" should the group buy have trouble i plan on getting one my self....

i picked up a 88, 89 and 91 trooper all with 2.6L MUAs one to part, it will give parts to three autos, one to sell with the best gas parts from the three, and one for the diesel.
wiring\dash from a 86 diesel as well as the rad. no not from my 86 runner.
that's every thing that's needed for the most part..

just considering the gears before it would be in the auto....and its close to me....
the gears would "more than compensate in 1st gear on the place"....with swapping to 4.11s and 235/85/16 tires for the large amount of road miles i do.
that would give about the best of slow speed grunt and fast speed mpg.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Did you catch the tread that someone put gears from an automatic into a manual to reduce the low range. If I had the confidence I think I would attempt that.
I run the stock trooper gearing 4.56 with 265 75 16 and I think the gearing is great for the street driving 70 and works well of road as well, so what I'm getting at is I would try it out with stock gearing you may like it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts