Isuzu SUV Forum banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I got to poking around in my stuff and found a double tank setup off an small compressor I had been saving for onboard air. I don't plan on using an onboard compressor for mine, don't want to give up anything under the hood. Remember it is an V6. I was planning on buying one of those plug in 12 volt compressors. I can't remember the brand right now but I have seen other members with them. One guy I know, I call him Isuzu Dave has that setup on his. He can run a small impact gun with the storage and the compressor keeps up. He makes Moab every year.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Probably the MV50. When I was at Moab in '17, Dave was using his setup to work on his Trooper. The one issue he had was the line going from the compressor to the tank melted and blew due to heat. The one down side to having an engine driven compressor is if you have to work on your own vehicle, the engine needs to be running if you want compressed air. I thought about having a 12v backup just in case, but you would have to run the engine eventually to keep from running down the battery.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
I did a quick test. I deflated one of my tires to 10lbs. They are 265/75/15, almost a 31". I bumped up the idle to just 1000 rpm and after the tank was full, it took 50 seconds to inflate from 10-32lbs. And that included stopping twice to check the pressure with the tire gauge. I'm going to rotate the tires on my van one day next week using the compressor and see how it does.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts