Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rodeo windscreen has annoying wiper scratches on it from normal use over 15 years. Nothing deep enough to snag a fingernail on, but these tiny scratches cause the wipers to "smear" water in those areas rather than wipe it away when it's raining. The scratched areas are also a PITA at night (dark roads, oncoming headlights).

Has anyone here buffed a windscreen surface back to a mirror finish? checking around online, some people recommend toothpaste, others diamond paste. Others say it's a lost cause and you just gotta pay up for new glass ...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Shop around--we just replaced my son's Rodeo's WS for less than $100 installed. Other quotes were up to three times as much and one squirelly guy said $87.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hey rodeomonkey....where do you live. I own an autoglass company and maybe be able to help you out. As far as buffing the glass NO WAY..to buff the glass to make the scratches go away will be to hard and if you spend the time you will distort the glass. The distortion will be worse than the scratches

·
Registered
677 Posts
Don't do it! The results are not worth the effort especially if you drive it a lot at night. Check you insurance then throw a rock through it... Here in Florida insurance pays to replace windshields with no deductible. I think its that way in most states now days.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
loopedr1 said:
Hey rodeomonkey....where do you live. I own an autoglass company and maybe be able to help you out. As far as buffing the glass NO WAY..to buff the glass to make the scratches go away will be to hard and if you spend the time you will distort the glass. The distortion will be worse than the scratches
Thanks for your kind offer of assistance but I am in Asia, which is probably just outside your free delivery area. :lol:

I honestly don't think I'm going to be able to buy a windscreen for a 1st gen Rodeo here. The only way I'm gonna get new glass is if I get one made specially (=$$$).

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
I had a rock bust my Trooper window and it only cost me like $80 to install a new one. Now it is crystal clear.

Now, that said, I know you can buy glass polish, but I am not sure how good it works.

Bart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts