Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know ya'll are expecting a picture, but the street was too crowded and I was too focused on getting this truck out... But...

I was headed down to Golden Gardens Beach today due to the awesome weather and it seems as though everyone else was too. The roads down to this beach are tight switchback like roads with nearly year round water running down alongside them making parts very muddy and soft at the edge.

There were a lot of people down there, and parking is a NIGHTMARE to say the absolute least, so what did I see when I was headed down? Why nothing more than an OJ Bronco (blue in color) slightly lifted that thought they were invincible with two tires off the pavement in the muck sitting at well over a 30* angle into the "ditch" with the muck nearly coming up over the axle on the passenger side, and yes, it was a girl.

Needless to say, my wittow Twoopuh tawt: "Yay, let's teach this girl a lesson!"

Hooked up the winch to a 14K strap wrapped around the front axle (no tow hooks), and pulled at an angle up onto the pavement but it would just slide forward and not grab the street, only move forward deeper into the muck.

Tried moving my truck to be at a harsher angle, but had same results...

So, *light bulb* locked hubs, dropped into 4L, Held the winch button down, and floored it in reverse, YAY!!! After a couple violent hops, she came bouncing up onto the pavement! It was only after that one could see how deep she was in the mucky quick sandy mudness of death, and she was in deep!

So, afterward, the Trooper packed up, and went to the beach with a big fat old grin!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
im gonna buy you a cape and and some spandex pants, and you'll be known as captain isuzu, always helping other vehicles in distress :D , all jokes aside it does feel good to help someone else doesn't? good job!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Metal88 said:
isuzu doesnt mess around!!
But unfortunately got neither a phone number or a picture of a bikini clad hottie,spattered in mud,posing next to a truck. (hey,that what I imagine happened)

·
Registered
202 Posts
mallen said:
Metal88 said:
isuzu doesnt mess around!!
But unfortunately got neither a phone number or a picture of a bikini clad hottie,spattered in mud,posing next to a truck. (hey,that what I imagine happened)
Whoa! That's what I was thinking to. Great minds think alike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts