Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure the TOD Transfer Case in my Trooper is bad, and I may need to replace it.

Has anyone done this?
How difficult is this?
Does anyone have a link to a thread or webpage with pictures of how to go about doing this?

I'd really like to start doing some of my own work on this ride, as the prices shop charge to do work like this completely do not justify keeping the Trooper.

I appreciate any and all help.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have the FSM and Workshop Manual for 98+ Troopers if you want them, I know it tells exactly how to somewhere in there. I believe you just unbolt it from the trans and then undo the driveshafts and TOD connections and you can slide it straight off the input shaft. Shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yeah, it really is as easy as unbolting the transfer case from the transmission. I took one off of a transmission two weeks ago to put in my 2wd trooper. So I have a TOD transfer case for sale. Has about 95k miles on it. The transmission works well so I assume the transfer case does also. PM me if you're interested in the case. I'm in Bham AL.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.