Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now...I know what you're thinking "well they're where you left them dummy"

And that would be fine an dandy if I had done the "bypassing" of the leaking heater core but I didn't and the PO isn't getting back to me quick enough for my tastes...lol. So...I need to locate the hoses that are supposed to be attached to the heater core. I can't seem to find them, and I've done a fair amount of searching both on here and in my manual. If someone could trace back their heater core hoses to their starting point so I can then follow that hose to where it's "bypassed" that'll be good ;-)

Thanks for the help.

1994 Isuzu Amigo
2.6L 5sp
4x4

·
Registered
677 Posts
Here is how mine goes.

The bottom hose makes a sharp "S" turn to a fitting under the intake

The top hose turns directly from the core to a metal pipe that runs behind the engine to the drivers side and that pipe connects to the block under the exhaust.

Yours should be pretty close to this as we both have Gen 1 rigs. Mines a Rodeo, but it should not be too much different than your Amigo. This is how it runs on a FI engine. If yours has a carb, the connections may be different but this should give you an idea of what to look for.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
isuzu95 said:
Sometimes you can find decent illustrations at this site:

http://www.isuzuparts.com
I couldn't find to much...found a heater core for a pretty penny...lol. But nothing for installation instructions or showing me routing of the houses. Thanks for the help :lol:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
johnnie59 said:
Here is how mine goes.

The bottom hose makes a sharp "S" turn to a fitting under the intake

The top hose turns directly from the core to a metal pipe that runs behind the engine to the drivers side and that pipe connects to the block under the exhaust.

Yours should be pretty close to this as we both have Gen 1 rigs. Mines a Rodeo, but it should not be too much different than your Amigo. Maybe. I hope this helps.
This does help TREMENDOUSLY!! Thanks for the pics man :cheers:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Glad I could help. :D

I was editing the post right after I uploaded the pics because I thought that I wasn't very clear about things. One of these days I'll learn that people often understand me better than I do. :violent1:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
That's how the Amigo looks, too.

I connected mine backwards though, apparently. :p

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.