Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any trick to removing the black plastic dash panel that goes around the vents, instrument cluster and a/c heater temp control unit? I need to pull the temp control unit and I'm puzzled on getting it off.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I pulled the black plastic surround on the dash off my Isuzu Trooper.

There were a few screws in un-obvious places and a few spring clips holding the huge piece in place.

The only item connected to the plastic was a wire to the security LED indicator.

Carl

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a previous thread on it at:

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=9058&start=0

Finally got around to replacing the fan heater control lever switch (I was guessing that's why the fan wasn't working all the time - high position totally not working). I was right! The old switch was partially melted in there. I tried to pull the wire loom connector to it free put since it was partially melted inside it broke in half - I did manage to get it out and even broken was able to connect it to the new switch. Of course the new switch wouldn't stay in place so I glued and duct taped it to the unit.

I now have the fan working on all four speeds and with 100 degree weather coming this weekend - none too soon!

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
kawikathy said:
I now have the fan working on all four speeds and with 100 degree weather coming this weekend - none too soon!
Still in the 30's and 40's here, and wet wet wet.

Let's share weather.

I'll give you half of mine, and you give me half of yours, and we should both be happy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I wouldn't mind a couple of cloudy and rainy days but it's the price you pay for living in such a unique environment.

Wilfred Thesiger the author of “Arabian Sands,â€

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.