Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a problem with removing my a/c lines and leaving the fittings open?
My a/c doesn't work so I was wanting to remove the lines.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you think you might even consider fixing it one day I would just go ahead and seal them shut somehow. When/if you get your a/c going and you left the lines open you would have to worry about small debris getting into the openings. Also, the receiver/drier will be useless as it is responsible for absorbing moisture in the system. It will basically be saturated.

Trust me, a few extra minutes of your time will save you $$$ and hours down the road

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yep take nathan's advice, if you plan on fixing it down the road keep the lines there and keep it sealed up. If you don't ever plan on fixing it then pull them off, but I would think keeping the A/C going would make the vehicle worth a bit more.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never plan on fixing it. I have the older ac that they don't service anymore, and its currently not working so I was just going to pull it out. I didnt think it would be a problem, but I wanted to make sure, thanks

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.