Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Red Beans 2/Maint + Upgrades

134K views 509 replies 65 participants last post by  lorenzo816 
Awesome, another red beans thread. Subscribe? Yes.

another awesome thread. Keep up the hard work squatch, that trooper is still my favorite.

Sorry for the headache! Your hands maybe bruised, but at least you're still the owner of 8 fingers and 2 thumbs. My dad lost a quick battle with our table saw Christmas eve 2005 - pinky and ring finger were retrieved from the saw and middle finger now has 2 nails.

Sounds like a big weekend. Nice work!

That sucks, both on the alignment and the exhaust. I'd it back to both shops!

ya I wont be in URE to see it with the flares.

Hey squatch,

For the record, I really enjoy reading your threads. When I first bought my trooper you were almost done your frame off on Red Beans. I must have read that thread 100 times, some for inspiration, some for instruction.

This thread is great too, actually it's the only thread that I'm currently subscribed to. You have a lot of knowledge and I respect the quality of work that you do and share with all of us.

I think if I was living where I am now when I owned my Trooper I would have never sold her, apartment living in Vancouver is not conducive to owning a 20 year old vehicle... I needed the garage I now have. I do plan on being a 1st gen trooper owner again - and when I am I will be referring to this thread as well as your original build thread for maintenance and restoration information.

Thanks for the consistent great work!

PS - let me know when red beans is for sale...

I think Herculiner would work well on that bumper - use some sort of UV protection. I think I read on the website that there is a UV topcoat application now. When I did my quarter panels it took 3 years before it started to fade, but I hated the look when it faded, it's just not black.

That bumper is going to look great on red beans.

Have you heard of Endura paint? It's supposed to be pretty much bullet proof. Not textured like herculiner, but still very tough.

http://www.endura.ca

Curious, what are you trying to sell your powerwagon for?

Cool. Since I first saw yours I've been periodically looking through CL trying to find one in my area, I've yet to find a decent one of that vintage. It would be a great vehicle when we move out the the Maritimes, I'll need a truck for firewood hauling, canoe trips, and hunting...

If you still have it in a few years I may need to take a road trip down your way!

I would have to say that you're the hardest working zu owner on here - and it shows in your Trooper!

squatch said:
Tad I appreciate the offer. But my good old time parts store about 5 miles away has a cheap one for under $100.I'll probably pick it up on the way home from work tomorrow. It would cost me that in gas to come get yours. Thank you though.

Rereading through a couple of my never ending threads has reminded my of those that are no longer around. Some of the old 1st gen Trooper folks with great trucks. Superflea, Caveman, Van Hommen, Justwork and others. I miss those folks. The times and the forum are a changing!
Hey squatch! How's red beans running? I'm seriously thinking about getting another 91 trooper... Bought a new home, huge garage...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.