Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time again...time to replace those punished shocks. I was wonderring if anyone had any suggestions for a harder/stiffer shock. I'd like a set of Bilsteins, but I don't know if 279.96+tax is worth it...(there is a lifetime warranty though).

Thanks,
KTT

·
Registered
79 Posts
I recently put on the ProComp 9000s and was expecting a harsh ride - didn't happen. I don't know why everyone says they're stiff. :?: They took the place of extremely blown out stock shocks so I figured it would have been readily apparent if they were rough. I'm quite happy with the ride quality both on and off road and wouldn't like anything softer.

Whatever your preference is, I'd go for ProComp before Rancho. I had a set of Rancho 5000 on my old 89 Troop - ride was very good while they were new, but faded over the period of a summer and became sub-par. IMO Rancho is just extra $$ for the name only. You can score ProComps buy 3 get 1 free with free shipping from 4Wheel parts. Awesome bang-for-your-buck. 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.