Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
agree'd, i went to the halifax saturn and they worked on my truck

They gave me the biggest run around in my life for replacing my axle under warranty.

finally did it myself in my driveway since they refused to do it...

however thank goodness they replaced a dash bulb under a recall :?

edit: holy jesus another halifax/dartmouth member

·
Registered
49 Posts
01LS_canuck said:
holy jesus another halifax/dartmouth member
OT...I drove my last '92 rodeo out there in 2003, towing an 18' camping trailer. Coming home, I blew out my alternator (bearing siezed).

A very nice man let my family park on his property for the night, made phone calls to find another one, fed me beers etc etc.

Had to cab the alternator down to Brookfield(?) from Canadian Tire in Truro, dropped 'er in and we were on our way.

The truck with the auto tranny didn't fare too well going through the hills in Cape Breton, and the play in the rear end after the entire trip was excessive due to the trailer pulling.

All in all, I'll go back there anytime. Everyone is so nice, and the landscape is beautiful. I was shocked that the ol' 'zu was able to do so well with the trailer and all. (3.1L).

Hey to those out east!

Steve

·
Registered
70 Posts
steveb_92rodeo said:
Redbeard...I don't know about Quebec, but the closest one to me is Pickering, Saab 'zuzu etc.
Steve
If Redbeard could walk to the Pickering Saturn Saab dealer (like I can) I would tell him he would have better luck in Halifax. Do you live on the Hill Steve? Thats the only first gen rodeo (red)I see around.

John

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can check out the General Motors website for all the Isuzu locations in Canada. There aren't many left in Montreal, but I believe the location in Place Ville Marie (at the southern end of McGill College, a block south of St Catherine's Street) USED to be an authorized Isuzu dealer. I'll check...

*edit: I think it's merely because they haven't changed their names, but still known as:

GRAVEL SATURN SAAB ISUZU
1, PLACE VILLE-MARIE-#11180
MONTREAL, QC, H3B3Y1
Phone: (514) 861-2000 • Toll-Free: (800) 724-7457 • Fax: (514) 861-7368
E-Mail: [email protected]

WEST-ISLAND SATURN SAAB ISUZU
9775, ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE
VILLE SAINT-LAURENT, QC, H4S1T6
Phone: (514) 332-4424 • Fax: (514) 332-4414

This one's off the island:
SATURN SAAB ISUZU DE BROSSARD
5950, BOUL. MARIE-VICTORIN
BROSSARD, QC, J4W1A4
Phone: (450) 672-2500 • Fax: (450) 672-2600

·
Registered
49 Posts
jsuzu said:
steveb_92rodeo said:
Redbeard...I don't know about Quebec, but the closest one to me is Pickering, Saab 'zuzu etc.
Steve
If Redbeard could walk to the Pickering Saturn Saab dealer (like I can) I would tell him he would have better luck in Halifax. Do you live on the Hill Steve? Thats the only first gen rodeo (red)I see around.

John
:eek:) How'd you know my 'zu was red?

Actually, I don't live near the Hill, I bought my new '92 zu in Scarborough, but I live in Port Hope.

I'll post pics Monday.

Where bouts are you? Perhaps we could 4wheel sometime.

Steve

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey there

thanks for the feedback, the isuzu in saturn saab isuzu west island is gone, the others i dunno. even so, if the saturn / saab dealerships are not carrying isuzu trucks anymore, are they still obligated to do recall work?

second question, i bough my 'zu used. am i entitled to recalls covered by isuzu even though i didn't buy it new? i just want to get some work done, (especially free work). will it be free? am i dreaming? this is a STEALership, i know.....

damn isuzu for leaving canada, my wife really likes the axiom and wants to buy something this summer (could've had two zu's! - dreamy...)

·
Registered
70 Posts
RodeoRedBeard said:
hey there

thanks for the feedback, the isuzu in saturn saab isuzu west island is gone, the others i dunno. even so, if the saturn / saab dealerships are not carrying isuzu trucks anymore, are they still obligated to do recall work?

second question, i bough my 'zu used. am i entitled to recalls covered by isuzu even though i didn't buy it new? i just want to get some work done, (especially free work). will it be free? am i dreaming? this is a STEALership, i know.....

damn isuzu for leaving canada, my wife really likes the axiom and wants to buy something this summer (could've had two zu's! - dreamy...)
1)Yes. They are GM and GM honors all Isuzu warrantys and recalls in Canada.

2) Recalls on Isuzu are issued by the Canadian government and have to be honoured by the legally liable party in Canada. Which is GM. You could be the tenth owner and you would still have to be serviced at the Saturn dealership.

John

·
Registered
70 Posts
:eek:) How'd you know my 'zu was red?

Actually, I don't live near the Hill, I bought my new '92 zu in Scarborough, but I live in Port Hope.

I'll post pics Monday.

Where bouts are you? Perhaps we could 4wheel sometime.

Steve[/quote]

I live walking distance from the Pickering Saturn dealer up on Spruce Hill

I would love to do some wheeling. Sound like you know some good trails.

BUT this winter I have to put on my war paint and my mukluks, then dance around my car thirty times a day until spring so I can rid my rodeo of all its mechanical demons. You think they would let me wear more clothes in this weather. The things you have to do to maintain warranty i guess.

I didn't know you Rodeo was red. There just happens to be a Red first gen rodeo that appears every weekend on my street.

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.