1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
68 Posts
Has even one of these left the dealer's lot yet?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Isuzu's new Recall Ad campagn is hot!

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
Canucklehead said:
04Rodeo5spd said:
Has even one of these left the dealer's lot yet?
If not I guess it will make the recall pretty easy. :p
i saw ONE Isuzu at the dealership and ONE Isuzu on the road here in NJ....so thats 2 brake light switches needed.... 399,998 for the Canyons (i have an 06 crewcab) and Colorados :lol:

·
Registered
68 Posts
^
Why did you buy that over the I-350?

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
i was going to get the I280 but the baby seat didnt fit in the rear jump seats. I ended up getting a GMC crewcab 2.8l (I280 driveline) and i wanted the 5 speed 2wd which the GMC was the only one that made this combo. the Isuzu I350 is 4wd automatic 5 cylinder and gets 17/23 (read as 15/20 as ive heard from the chevy guys with the same driveline), i would have kept my Rodeo that got the same mpg..... Warranty, i got the 72/72k warranty with the GMC crewcab for $19.5k + tax, about 3k more then the extracab Isuzu. Found something else out, if Isuzu left the US my warranty would NOT be covered by GM. So far the truck has 1200 miles on it and the MPG is over 20 mpg each time, mostly city..one highway trip (had 400 miles on the motor) got me 23.2 so far, the motor has to break in before i can expect the 20city/27 highway. I still have my custom Isuzu crewcab longbed and my 87 show Pup...dont fret!!!!! Just i wanted the 2wd crewcab 5 speed and the truck looks sooooooooo nice compaired to the Ranger and Dakota/Mitsubishi Raider (UGH that NOSE IS HUGE). I needed something that was fuel effeciant and had a truck bed as well...otherwise the rodeo would have stayed. I do miss the 4wd and offroading (the little i did). So thats why i got the GMC over the Isuzu...trust me id rather have had the Isuzu and save myself 1k on the warranty and got the extra cab for 15.5k (front split bench seat suck unless you get the buckets, like i did).
thanks for asking...
Ron

ALSO the recall is not in effect yet, its still preliminary and GM has not told the dealerships its OK to do the repairs. GM still has to ship out the replacement switches also...i dont think they have 400k of the new ones laying around, atleast GM is doing their job and protecting the owners. Nissan had major brake problems on the Maximas and said nothing, no recalls until the NHSTB stepped in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts