Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That looks like some kind of optical illusion.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This is still on my mind. Summer project?

I have a 3500 V6 from a 2005 Chevy Uplander to install in my Trooper. That will take some fabrication work. So I'm thinking of pulling the frame from my parts truck and getting the 3500 powertrain assembled out in the open then dropping my LS body on it. That way I can still be driving my LS the whole time.

I also still have my wrecked '94 Trooper. Thinking of chopping on those two frames to move the coil suspension to the 1st Gen at the same time.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I've been planning this swap for some time now. I even have the 99 trooper as the donor. In the back of the factory trooper manuals it has the measurments of the frames and they are almost the same. The front 4 (if I remember right) body mounts are in the same locations. The rear mounts were off just alittle. I believe the two mounts in front of the rear tires are alittle wider on the 99. I'll have to pull out my books...

The donor frame

Donor body

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I read through your thread when I was looking for this one. You plan to do the whole powertrain along with that, right? And you would probably welcome the extra width.

I'd thought about doing a SOTF conversion, but I'd need another parts truck as mine is only a '94.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Yup I plan to keep everything from the 99. Im thinking late fall before I get started though. I'm converting my 01 trooper from 2wd to 4wd now, using parts from the 99, after talking with Jerry Lemond I'm going to put in a 92-97 style tranfer case, No tod do to wiring nightmare.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
yours being a 94 would be a closer match width wise(pre fender flare)

_Chris..

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you have any 2nd gen parts... say left side trim pieces and rear bumper I am in need...

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The body on the 94 is in pretty sorry shape and I think both bumpers are gone, but what exactly do you need?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts