Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled up to my favorite fishing spot today and went to get my tackle box and rod out of the rear cargo area, and when I hit the button to open the rear glass I noticed the red light in the dash button didn't illuminate. So I ventured to the rear of the Roedo and tried the glass release button on the tailgate and it sounded like it let go but still nothing. :x

How can I get the glass latch to release from the tailgate? I don't know if the interior tailgate panel can be accessed from inside the cargo area or not (yet) or if that would even help. If I don't get any for sure answers tonight I'll have at it tomorrow morning. :twisted:

Don't worry... I got to fish. I had to reach from the backseat into the cargo area to grab my fishing gear. :D

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
you can get to the internals in the cargo area. have a looksie around in there, chances are something stupid either broke or came loose :D

·
Registered
677 Posts
Easiest way to open the window manually is to drill a small hole in the interior plastic of the tail gate. It needs to be centered in the hump and about 2 inches down from the glass. Then fish around in the hole for the latch that holds the glass and push in to unlatch the window. Then you can open the gate manually and remove the plastic to see what is going on in there.

This may give you an idea on where to drill the hole as it is clearly visible in the hump.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I couldn't do anything today since I was busy preparing for a new job (paperwork and buying tools)... I hate paperwork.

Johnnie, that should work. Thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
johnnie59 said:
Easiest way to open the window manually is to drill a small hole in the interior plastic of the tail gate. It needs to be centered in the hump and about 2 inches down from the glass.

This hole already exists on my 94 and had a factory "plug" to cover it up :?

·
Registered
484 Posts
My tailgate and window in my 93 was giving me all kinds of fits until I took the tailgate cover off and cleaned everything. That's all I had to do and its working like new now. Same thing with my windows and locks. Looked like it had spent a lot of time on dirt roads. I've fixed a lot of things on my old cars just by cleaning them.

·
Registered
677 Posts
94Rodayo4x4 said:
This hole already exists on my 94 and had a factory "plug" to cover it up :?
Apparently some have it and some don't. I got my 97 new from the dealer and it did not have a hole. Apparently there is a rod inside that works the window and that rod has a bad habit of falling off. The repair is to drill the hole, stick a small thin screw driver into it and feel for the latch. Push hard on the latch and the window opens. Then remove the plastic and fix the rod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts