Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The window regulator on one of my back doors seems to have died (goes down, doesn't come back up. Clicks and sounds broken). I searched Rockauto to see if they carry that regulator, and it doesn't appear that they do. Checked other places and it seems like nobody carries it. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement? Will one from a Rodeo work? Is there a way I could maybe fix it? Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
My rear drivers side regulator failed a couple years ago,(two days after I bought it) the only replacement I could find was an overpriced used one on eBay. I did not want to install another old regulator that would probably fail soon.
I was able to coble some bits of plastic and aluminum together and make it work.
Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of the broken plastic pieces or the repair. If you're good with your hands and tools, you can try to fix it.

Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you remember what exactly was broken? It sounds like a small gear probably stripped out, but I haven't gotten it out and apart yet to know for sure.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It was the plastic trolley that the cable pushes up and down. the plastic part was in several pieces.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was the plastic trolley that the cable pushes up and down. the plastic part was in several pieces.
Ah, that part seems okay on mine. I think that whatever mechanism actually connects the motor to the cable is what broke for me... I'll get it out soon to take a look at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts