Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hoping to pull some advise from you guys on this issue,

quick intro,

I am a new member on here but a longtime rodeo owner. I have a 2000 isuzu rodeo ls 3.2 liter v6 with the stock 5 speed. I have recently broken 210000 miles and the truck is in great shape with no real rust. the engine is completely rebuilt with about 15k on it and almost everything is new.

I will probably make another thread and post pics eventually, It has a few things done to it, mostly bolt on stuff.

HOWEVER, I have been having some serious issue with my passenger side rear wheel bearing. I have checked the breather adn it is not plugged. I had an isuzu master tech install a beck and arnley bearing which was defective and had him reinstall another bearing and stock rodeo seal. I drove the suv all winter and now today i noticed a lot of diff fluid coming out of the bearing again all over the wheel.

I dont know what to do at this point and I would love to hear any advice or opinions from people who have had this issue. any suggestions to fix this problem or ways to go about it. I have never pulled the axle before. dare I attempt this myself. seems like a bitch.

any help would be great.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Welcome to Planetisuzoo!

Have you rechecked the breather hose to make sure it works properly?
You mentioned you replaced the axle shaft seals. Did they use new genuine Isuzu parts?
I have heard of members using aftermarket seals, only to have them fail again in a short period.
The OEM seals can only be bought in a kit which includes factory bearings and the bearing retainer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i replaced the axle seal twice, first time with an ac delco seal and the second time with oem isuzu seal. the isuzu seal held for a solid 4 months. now leaking again. where would you recommend getting the oem seal and bearing kit?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Send JLEMOND a PM. His name is Jerry he sales us original parts, and give great advice.
I bought my axle bearing and seal kit from him, along with a ton of other stuff.

From what I understand, the axle seals are not sold seperately. This thread comes to mind, regarding this issue.
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=50471
So since you can only get the seal seperately, it makes me wonder if the seal that was used really is OEM or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the guy who did the work was a master isuzu mechanic with more than 30 years under his belt. now he works for jaguar but he was the one who sold me a brand new shortblock in the crate. he has just about every part under the sun and showed me the oem seal. ill pm jerry. thanks

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
He may be a master tech but Beck and Arnley is not OEM parts. they are oem REPLACEMENTS. if it ain't got Isuzu on it, It ain't OEM.

·
Registered
12,289 Posts
Could be the problem is not the quality of the seal, there may be a defect on axle surface where the seal contacts the axle. It may have been damaged during the bearing removal or installation process.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sassee said:
He may be a master tech but Beck and Arnley is not OEM parts. they are oem REPLACEMENTS. if it ain't got Isuzu on it, It ain't OEM.

i am well aware, the beck and arnley was defective and was replace then second time around with oem isuzu parts.

anyways i went and took the breather off the other day and it was completely clogged. idk how that is possible since it was cleaned a month or two ago. i unplugged it and i noticed the leaking significantly slowed. i refilled a little bit of gear oil and i hope its good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.