Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am very interested in getting a rear ladder for my 2002 Trooper. I have a family member in Tokyo and a network of folks in Europe and Australia.

Does anybody have specific leads of who may sell new or used ones overseas? I have looked on eBay global and none are available right now that I could find ...

Alternatively, doesn't seem like it would be too challenging for a good fabricator to fab one up, what kind of money might we be talking about?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hey Jeff,

Really good guy named Vui over in Malaysia who sold me mine, I have been in contact with him for awhile even sent him to other members to have them order from them, which they did. Also the exchange rate works in our favor the ladder was a steal!.. http://www.maefare4x4centre.com/

Randy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect, sent an email. If you don't mind, can I ask a few questions? Do you happen to remember approximate cost? How long have you had it? How is the quality?

Thanks so much for the info ...

TrooperBeast00 said:
Hey Jeff,

Really good guy named Vui over in Malaysia who sold me mine, I have been in contact with him for awhile even sent him to other members to have them order from them, which they did. Also the exchange rate works in our favor the ladder was a steal!.. http://www.maefare4x4centre.com/

Randy

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
There are several conversion vans down at the local pick and pull with rear ladders that look like they would fit a Trooper fine. I was sorta thinking about that the other day. Not that I really need one but it's a cheap idea. I think independant4x used to have one on their site along with the bumpers they make. I'm sure they could fab you one up. I would think anybody who could make nice rock sliders could as well.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I was thinking of a conversion custom hightop van. Chevy Ford or dodge. Aluminum ladder in th rear. Cut and weld some new mounting plates and attach it to my very long safari basket which hangs over the rear passenger area on my 1999 amigo. But mine would be quick realease hardware at the top mounting points to slow the rear tailgate to swing out.. alittle gunmeatal colored powdercoating and waalaa.. just an idea. It's great with the top off the rear passengers are under a basket.... Like hamsters.. lol..

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
jeffryscott said:
Perfect, sent an email. If you don't mind, can I ask a few questions? Do you happen to remember approximate cost? How long have you had it? How is the quality?

TrooperBeast00 said:
Hey Jeff,

Randy
Cost was around $200 shipped if I can remember correctly.. I have had it for 1 1/2 years good construction solid welds came to me in stainless but I had it powder coated black :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That looks good powder coated ... My Trooper is the same color so that shows me exactly what it would look like. Vui got back to me right away .. 255 shipped with the current currency exchange. Have a friend who I am going to talk with first, but will likely order soon. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Awesome.. they are great looking but the functionality has me questioning whether or not I would put all 200lbs of me on that small door.. :?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I'll be getting one some day, when I grow up and all...

..nah, it looks good and I have been eyeball the ones on independent4x site. But then, one day, when I grow up and build my cage, I will build the ladder as well.

Arf

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
TrooperBeast00 said:
Awesome.. they are great looking but the functionality has me questioning whether or not I would put all 200lbs of me on that small door.. :?
what!? you never climbed your ladder? seriously!? well long is your door is close it would be fine but if you have it open well it's on you.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Trooper King said:
TrooperBeast00 said:
what!? you never climbed your ladder? seriously!? well long is your door is close it would be fine but if you have it open well it's on you.
Haha I know I know.. it's next on my list haha did you get my PM? I also ordered those Tweeters finally!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I weigh 245 pounds and I use my open door to climb up to my top. I think it would handle 200 just fine, open or closed.

I have been debating whether or not I would get a ladder. I have my jerry can mount on that door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very nice.
Where does the top mount to? under the built in spoiler?

TrooperBeast00 said:
jeffryscott said:

TrooperBeast00 said:
Hey Jeff,

Randy
Cost was around $200 shipped if I can remember correctly.. I have had it for 1 1/2 years good construction solid welds came to me in stainless but I had it powder coated black :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts