Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just replaced the rear suspension on my 91 MK 1 Trooper (Trooper II to you) new leaf springs, new shackles and poly bushes all round, new U bolts etc and it has rcent new shocks too. I've gained at least 4 inches of clearance over the old worn out springs and the ride is so much more supple and pliant, at least one of the old shackles was seized in the bushes which were all hard and worn.

My question is, will the springs settle much in the next month or two as the back end is now higher than the front, or do I need to crank the torsion bars up a little to match?

I also need to move the tow ball down to the lower mounting holes as it's a little high for my trailer now! It's no surprise now as to why the thing seemed to be dragging it's butt when loaded up, the springs were so shot.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I'd guess that you'd need to crank them up a bit. Your new rears will sag a bit but probably not much. If it was me I'd crank the fronts to where you have about an inch of rake.

Lets see some pics.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.