Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Help, in my 04 Rodeo there r 2 speaker grills above the read window, I had the cover off and was looking for some wires for speakers which i couldnt find. Can anyone tell me if it was prewired for speakers there or will i have to run new wiring? Thanks Dan :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Those grills are for the 4 inch (if I remember correctly) speakers that come as part of a premium sound package. Im fairly sure that they are not pre-wired, but Im not 100% sure. I will take a look on mine when I get a minute, I dont have the speakers either, so Ill look for the wiring.

-Splash

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
mine has speakers there, but my truck is basic bare bone, no power nuttin! i would assume that the wires would be run, and tucked somewhere in there... but i am not sure.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:D Thanks Guys, Ive looked twice and havent found any speaker wiring. I have pair of speaker here that would fit and though i might as well use them. Thanks again, Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea when GM started building the rodeo in 2004 they didn't put wires in for options unless you bought the truck with the options. So if you didn't but the one with the premium 8 speaker system then the wiring isn't there.. Mine lucky had it even though the indash 6 disk changer is a POS.. I wasn't to add the lighter socket in the back there above the jack compartment since the whole is there but since mine didn't come with it theres no wiring except for the trailer wires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 99' Rodeo LSE and have what I beleive to be a blown speaker in the upper speaker set. I looked the other day but did not see a way of removing the grill to work on them. Is it through the light housing?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I blew a speaker some time ago. You need to take the cover off the back dome light and you'll see a screw. Take out that screw and you should be able to snap off the entire cover across the back.

Ever wonder why Isuzu put in such crappy 4 in speakers? They're a joke. Stock 6x9's would have been nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.