Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question concerning the rear speakers on a '88 Trooper 4 door. What is the size of the factory speakers? i'd like to know because i'm planning on replacing them soon.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I believe they are 6.5 I havent replaced mine in a long time and I need to also. Go with 6.5

Chris

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
have you decided on a brand yet? if not, try the infinitys. curcuit city usually has them on sale or crutchfeild has them cheap too. if you got the money, boston acoustics are the best. i have bostons in the front and infinitys in the rear of my rodeo. they are only 4" but the bostons sound wayyy better.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I squeezed Kenwood 2 way 5.25" up front and 6.5" fit comfortable in the rear.

I found it nice that even though my Trooper wasn't installed with speakers in the rear, the wiring sas already there.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have already replaced the fronts with 5.25", but i'm getting ready to replace the rears, thanks for the info guys, i was going to go with Clarion's, but thats just me

·
Registered
9 Posts
The infinity's are a great choice especially if your a fan of bass. They produce the best and cleanest. If you ever need a speaker size for any vehcile you can get them at www.crutchfield.com. I also added a pair of tweaters (polk) on the front door and it really enhances the overall clarity.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I got four 6.5" pioneers for Christmas and they went in fine. I had to clearance the bracket for the hood release on both sides but that wasn't a problem. The clearancing was for the grilles to fit.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.