Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blew out a rear speaker on my 95 Rodeo. The mounting holes are about 3 1/4" apart and the only speakers I can find at the stores are 3 7/8" apart, and the way the screw holes are in the mounting box, they wouldn't work.
What have others done to replace the rear speakers while keeping the mounting box they sit in?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
went to the local pick n pull, found some gangsters passport (bullet hole in door, bloodstains on backseat) and pulled the speakers there. They were nice Boston speakers.

Pioneer makes a nice set I considered swapping in. 2 for 50 bucks, and i searched on here and someone did swap them in.

HTH (somewhat) :lol:

EDIT-I don't think i really answered your question :lol:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it looks like the mounting holes are closer together than replacement speakers are, and the way it's designed, you can't drill new holes on the mounting box because there's nothing to drill into.
I'm just wondering if anyone has found some replacement speakers that drop in.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I have some similar to these, but the older design (same quality, looks different)

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/S45-P578.aspx

amazing speakers for the price, great value. installed all of them in under 45 minutes (old dash) :D

fits great.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
PS, i will take a picture of one of my speakers when i get home to show you exactly what I have if you would like :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Are the older Rodeo rear pods so very different from a 97? I though that the gen 1's were mostly alike except for the dash.

I replaced the rear speakers in mine with a set of Panasonic ovals that had those little speakers in the center and they fit in the boxes perfectly and the cover grills went on with no problems. I think they were 7" across by 3" tall. At the same time I also put 6" Panasonic round speakers in the front doors. Those did not fit in mounts but I made some minor modifications and they fit and I was able to put the grill faces in place so it all looks stock.

Sorry, It was several years ago and I do not remember the exact model. You guys can tell that I'm not into fancy sound systems in the truck. I just want good sound and the factory speakers had blown and were sounding fuzzy. I do remember that I got them at Walmart for under $30.00 at the same time as I got the Sony AM/FM/CD that lives in my dash now.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
No old dash the rear pods are behind the seat not in the roof.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found some Polk 4 inch speakers for $50 on Amazon that I think I can make work. They're for car or marine use, so that might be nice having that kind of speaker in those rear pods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.