Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have power locks on my '96 Rodeo, and though they seem to work great (the manual locks go up/down when pressing the lock button) the rear drivers side door sometimes won't open. The manual lock will go up and down but can't open the door using inside or outside handle. I end up having to fiddle with the lock to get it to work. Any ideas?

·
Registered
327 Posts
LR Door Lock - Not Fully Unlocking w/Front Power Lock.
BULLETIN NUMBER:
SB97-11-L005

ISSUE DATE:
MARCH 1997

GROUP:
BODY

1995.5-97 RODEO (UC) LEFT REAR DOOR DOES NOT FULLY UNLOCK WITH FRONT POWER DOOR LOCK BUTTON / KEYLESS ENTRY; DOOR UNLOCKS MANUALLY WITH LOCK KNOB

AFFECTED VEHICLES

1995.5-97 Rodeo (UC) models produced before 12/2/96, equipped with power door locks.

SERVICE INFORMATION

Some affected vehicles may experience a condition in which the left rear door will not fully unlock when the front power door lock button or the keyless entry transmitter button is pressed; however, it will unlock when the left rear door lock knob is used. This condition may be caused by the left rear door bellcrank pivot coming loose from its mounting slot in the door panel.

To repair this condition, remove the existing left rear door lock bellcrank pivot and replace it with a new one (Part No. 2-90028-725-0), using the procedure described in this Service Bulletin.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Where can I see the bulliten to get the instructions on how to do this? How difficult is this procedure? I have some tools and a little mechanical skill.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Damn! This is the main reason I tore into the left rear door on my '97 Rodeo LS. I was ignoring the grinding of the power window until the door lock started sticking. I noticed a white platic piece was broken on the top of the window regulator and I put the door panel back on. The problem seemed to resolve. What is the bellcrank pivot?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.