Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just put larger tyres (265/75/16 MTR's) on my 2002 Jackaroo (Trooper). however the rear door is now wobbly, rattly and lets a lot of dust in. It is only secured down the bottom with only a locater at the top. it seems that the door itself is strong, however the join in the two rear doors is weak. Has anybody got a solution to this?

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
If you are getting the squeaky door syndrome, a little white lithium grease at the top and bottom contact points will usually quiet that down. I had a 265/75 spare on my Trooper for several years with no significant problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I run 33"x12.5" Mongrels on my first generation Wizard. On steel rims these weigh 44kg (97lb) each! When my tailgate started to rattle I found the screws holding the "ring" part of the latch mechanism to the body were loose. Your Jackaroo probably has the same the same setup. This "ring" is adjustable. If you slacken off the screws/bolts you can push it forward a bit and end up with a tighter fit, although you may have to shut the door harder to get it to latch properly.

Interpretation: Wizard = Rodeo (US) = 5 door Mu (Aus)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.