Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made it to the junkyard today about 20 minutes before they closed to pull a couple random sthings. Came across a 96 rodeo, 2 wheel drive, automatic. The diff cover said dana so im assuming its the dana 44 with 4.56's right? I didn't have time to pull the cover, was quoted at 150-200 to have them pull it for me. Just wanted to make sure it was the right gearing. Did the 2wd 96-97's come with 4.10's or 4.30's or did I find what I've been looking for? Thanks guys!

Edit: didn't check the motor and it had drum brakes

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
there where some odd ball 2wd rodeos around that time with 3.73s

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Jack up one rear tire. Put truck in neutral. Make a white mark at the top of the tire and another one on the driveshaft and rear end where you can see it. Slowly turn the tire forward while counting the drive shaft revolutions. If you turned the tire 1 turn and the driveshaft passed the mark 4 and 1/2 times you have 4.56:1 gears. just a tick past 4= 4.10:1. 4 and 1/3 turns of the driveshaft = 4.30:1

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Dana 44's as a rule have a tag under one cover bolt that gives the gear ratio and if there is an "L" it means LSD.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
If it has a Dana 44 rear with 4.56's it will have drum brakes from what I heard, easiest way to tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts