Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mistakenly thought my rear axle was 12 bolt design, but it's definitely 10 bolt. What lockers, besides ARB, will work with this design? What is spline count and is this axle most similar to Dana 44 rear?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I believe you are mistaken again. Or not mistaken in the first place? You definately have the 12 bolt. I'm guessing you counted 10 bolts on the diff cover right? The axle name refers to the number of bolts on the ring gear, not the cover.

I don't remember if you have the new bigger 12 bolt or not, so I'm not sure if the Arb will fit. I can tell you that there is currently no other lockers produced for it, although they are working that problem.
________
JOHNNY CLAES

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
You have the modified 12-bolt.

The good news is that an ARB locker should be available for it. The better news is that you should be able to directly swap in the 1992-1998 "standard" 12 bolt (with 1995.5-1998 being the prefered donor due to its wider width). The only real question is if the ABS sensors are the same (which I suspect they are) and if the e-brake cables are the same (again I suspect that they are).

Then you can re-gear to 4.10, 5.38, 4.77 (if you are lucky) or 4.88 (if Matt comes through with an order).

-Tad

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys....I realized my bad on bolt count after doing more research. Tad, if the "standard 12 bolt" will work, what locker options besides ARB(cost!) does it accept. Also, I'd like to go with 4.77's, 4.88s or 5.13's in front SAS and regear the rear. Aren't there gears currently offered by Yukon or Spicer that will work in Isuzu rear axle?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Help anyone...can the late model Isuzu 12 bolt rear axle housing accomodate 4.88 or 5.13 gears? I want to keep rear axle and regear it when I do my front SAS with same gears.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mike....I just wanted to be sure so I didn't waste any more time chasing a fix that won't work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.