Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started out diagnosing a vibration and noise that started last night on the Amigo. Turned out it was a bad u-joint. Not to bad a job, just irritating.

Anyhow, the closest parts store around here open on Sundays is 40 miles away. After calling to confirm they have one I jump into the Trooper and head off. About 35 miles from home it starts shaking violently and as I pull over it dies. Tried to start if but it wouldn't turn over at first. I let it set a few minutes and it turns over and starts, but will barely run and is hammering hard, sounds like a spun rod bearing.

I almost wreck pulling it home with the Amigo (that I had to fix the u-joint in) because the dolly I borrowed doesn't have a swivel deck and turns like **** no matter how slow you are going.

To finish it off, when I went out a few minutes ago to finish putting everything up and the Amigo back in the garage I hear a funny sound, like glass cracking. Jump in the Amigo and the windshield now has a 8" long crack. No chips or pits before the crack, the damned thing cracked from the left edge in.

At this point I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :cry:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well five hours ago I would've said laugh and look at the bright side. But right now. I feel like crap too. But dont cry. Ain't no need in that. Atleast you have a reason to replace it with Plexiglas

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Laughing is the better option.
tomorrow is another day :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.