1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this for sale on Graigslist... but for $5,000 OBO, think I'll pass. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I love Isuzu's.
Even the homley looking early 80's I-mark diesels.
But that thing is HIDEOUS!!!!!

:pukeright:

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
COYOTE102076 said:
I love Isuzu's.

IT REALLY ISNT AS UGLY AS THE PIX,S MAKE IT OUT TO BE , VERY CLOSE TO THE SAME SIZE AS THE I MARK COUPE OF THE EARLY 80.S, BUT THAT MAZDA LOOKING GRILL AND TAIL LITES WHEN THEY CHANGED THE GRILL TO STRAIGHT ACROSS BAR AND THE TAIL LITES TO A SINGLE LONG LAMP THEY WERE PRETTY GOOD LOOKING , BUT THE ENG 1.6 GAS JUST WOULDN,T CUT IT , SAME BASIC ENG AS THE REAL EARLY LUV TRUCKS,
WHAT WAS NEAT ABOUT THOSE ,THEY WERE ALL SO AVAIL ABLE IN A FEW OF THE YEARS OF PRODUCTION WITH THE C223 DSL , ONE OTHER NEAT THING IS THE FI 2.0 IMPULSE ENG WOULD BOLT RIGHT IN. AND THAT CAR ONLY WEIGHTED ABOUT 2 OO0 LB,S , THEY ALL SO MADE IT IN A WAGON VERSION, NOW THAT ONE WAS MAZDA UGLY .

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
JLEMOND said:
COYOTE102076 said:
I love Isuzu's.

IT REALLY ISNT AS UGLY AS THE PIX,S MAKE IT OUT TO BE , VERY CLOSE TO THE SAME SIZE AS THE I MARK COUPE OF THE EARLY 80.S, BUT THAT MAZDA LOOKING GRILL AND TAIL LITES WHEN THEY CHANGED THE GRILL TO STRAIGHT ACROSS BAR AND THE TAIL LITES TO A SINGLE LONG LAMP THEY WERE PRETTY GOOD LOOKING , BUT THE ENG 1.6 GAS JUST WOULDN,T CUT IT , SAME BASIC ENG AS THE REAL EARLY LUV TRUCKS,
WHAT WAS NEAT ABOUT THOSE ,THEY WERE ALL SO AVAIL ABLE IN A FEW OF THE YEARS OF PRODUCTION WITH THE C223 DSL , ONE OTHER NEAT THING IS THE FI 2.0 IMPULSE ENG WOULD BOLT RIGHT IN. AND THAT CAR ONLY WEIGHTED ABOUT 2 OO0 LB,S , THEY ALL SO MADE IT IN A WAGON VERSION, NOW THAT ONE WAS MAZDA UGLY .
oooooo.....2000 lbs. and you can do a 2.0 swap!...Now were talking! I really do love these early imports 70's-mid 80's...5k though...I am sure it is rare but I see 5k dropped into that thing like yesterday..too bad it wasn't priced around the 1500 range..if it were close to me I'd probably get in trouble with the wife and have it sitting in storage right now waiting to be fixed up... :D

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
tonnydoodles said:
Don't let Bart see this post, he's gonna want to add to his isuzu collection
LOL, yeah. You know, there is an old Guigiaro designed Isuzu car called the 117 Coupe that looks like this:

If I ever had the chance and the money to own one, I would not hesitate.

However, most of the older Bellets do not appeal to me so much, but there are some really sweet ones out there.

Bart

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
nfpgasmask said:
tonnydoodles said:
Don't let Bart see this post, he's gonna want to add to his isuzu collection
LOL, yeah. You know, there is an old Guigiaro designed Isuzu car called the 117 Coupe that looks like this:

If I ever had the chance and the money to own one, I would not hesitate.

However, most of the older Bellets do not appeal to me so much, but there are some really sweet ones out there.

Bart
I'm all over that coupe!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Sad thing is, (and my wife can testify to this) I have a unusual tase in vehicles.
for example, I allways liked the Fargo vans. think it would be cool to hop in and go on a florida to Alaska road trip!

Fargo van;

And yes, that one is a right hand drive 4x4

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
COYOTE102076 said:
Sad thing is, (and my wife can testify to this) I have a unusual tase in vehicles.
for example, I allways liked the Fargo vans. think it would be cool to hop in and go on a florida to Alaska road trip!

Fargo van;

And yes, that one is a right hand drive 4x4
IT ,S SAD ,ALL SO KNOWING HOW MANY THEY COULD HAVE POSSIBLE SOLD SETUP LIKE THAT IN THIS COUNTRY ,30-35000 WHEN FEDEX HAS ALL READY BOUGHT 50000 OF THOSE SPRINTER VANS , FOR 45 K + EXP TO FIX AND FIX QUITE OFTEN, AND THE FARGO HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE THE EARLY 80,S IN ALL SORTS OF CONFIGURATIONS, SO MANY POLITIC,S AND DUMB *** PRODUCT PLANNERS ,

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
nfpgasmask said:
...man I wish I could read Japanese.
Google will automatically translate...but it's a little rough at best:
Taken to scale, polish Kaketara, Shimattarashii this supposed to be left alone why then. I found the glass used was purchased. Today I arrived, I immediately exchanged after a day's work. Once the door is glass and the bottom, there is a glass of killing Saddle, what is more up and down Muramura. But just in case, I've also bought more killing POV. Compare with, it was better in both glasses we bought, we decided to replace both. In that work from the work already done, pitch black outside. LED1 made replacement in one teeny, such as key chains attached to. So a little over an hour to finish.
Cool site by the way! Those are some sweet looking cars that's for sure!

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Yeah, if you go through his blog back a few pages, you will see more Isuzu cars, Fargo vans, and there are even some SWB soft top Troopers in there. Either way, its cool to look at just for the pics!

Bart

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
The Japanese don't do hobbies half-assed...

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
BigSwede said:
The Japanese don't do hobbies half-assed...
No sir, they do NOT. When I was over there, I was BLOWN AWAY at how absolutely serious they take their hobbies. It was actually quite cool in fact, to go to a 7 story building entirely dedicated to hobbies of one sort or another. Amazing. We're planning another trip to Japan for 2012, I can't wait to go back.

Bart

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts