Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started throwing random codes a few days ago on the way home during rush hour and heavy rain. P0351, #1 coil circuit malfunction. Swapped coils and get the same code. It idles or stumbles momentarily when the code is thrown, and, if you shut down/restart the engine the hiccup goes away. Engine temp is unrelated as it did it tonight after sitting all day in the cold and the CEL light up right away as soon as I started it to go somewhere.

Harness looks OK, there's no oil or anything down in the plug well and the plug looks good (not fouled or wet..they are relatively new plugs).

Once in awhile it throws two codes: P0351 and P0301 #1 misfire, but, usually just throws the P0351 alone.

Likely causes? Perhaps some water got somewhere in the wiring harness during the heavy rain and is causing an intermittent failure? Or could it be the injector? Were it not for the CEL you wouldn't know anything had happened.

·
Registered
4 Posts
smokstac said:
Wire had a break in it after pulling off the loom and electrical tape. Repaired it. Problem solved.
I am having a similar problem, where was the broken wire on yours? I'm guessing a lead to an injector?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts