Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just have a quick question on the rancho 9000 shocks. I'm going to install them on my 98 Amigo and was wondering on the back shocks. I've read all the posts but I'm still not sure on which part number I need. It's going to be lifted only 1.5 to 2 inches. So do I need the rs99186 or the rs99179. Thanks

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Also get some 1/2" cut washers. Put 2 on each side before putting the shock on the lower mount, and 1 each side after. Found out with the design of the d44 shock mounts the 99179 will rub on the mount and eventually rub through. The 2 washers will space it far enough to prevent rubbing.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
1/2" Washers are not big enough. I took your advice and used the
washers but had to dremel the holes a bit bigger. I think they are 13mm
or 14mm

·
Registered
238 Posts
You're gonna love the ride on these shocks. They are adjustable so you can set them to a wide range of comforts. I have been using them for several years now and had good performance with them. No problems so far, much better than my fixed setting Old Man Emu shocks.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I would also consider the RS99117 rear. Close to stock specs.

With the 179/186 you might/will hit the bottom of the shock as you
will need to extend your bump stops.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
timrkopi said:
1/2" Washers are not big enough. I took your advice and used the
washers but had to dremel the holes a bit bigger. I think they are 13mm
or 14mm
They fit fine on mine, Mikes, and Jeffs (geckodude18) rodeos. Thought we had a problem on Jeffs but then realized the metal part from the bushings of the monroes he had on there had rusted to the mount and were still stuck on there. Once they were removed it was fine.

13mm = 0.5118"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.