Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the transmission and figured I may replace the radiator at the same time. Is radiator barn still the place to go? Anyone have any alternatives?

Chris

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I just replaced mine on Sunday.

After a few hours of research online with the brands that are available for my Rodeo.
I went with the Koyo brand, they sell it on Rockauto under a different name.
Spectra and Vistapro were local options, but the reviews werent all that good.
Especially on the Spectra units. Koyo was/is a Japanese brand that also made OE radiators.
I got mine on eBay for $100. If you want a all metal radiator then get it at Radiator barn. They are more pricey than before now.

Mine is aluminum and plastic and perfectly replaced my original radiator without any problems.
I lost about half a quart of ATF. But since you're replacing your trans, fluid shouldnt be an issue.
If you havent already, get a trans cooler. It really does help.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I've been a radiatorbarn fan for years but ended up buying a radiator for my Trooper a few weeks ago from rockauto. Both advertised the same radiator, but rockauto was $35 cheaper. The Spectra was identical to the one I took out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.