Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a long-standing hairline crack on the top of my plastic radiator (92 Trooper) and am prepping for the winter, a little late.

I went to the junk yard today and all the three of the troopers had their radiators looted from them already, but I found a lone 97 Isuzu Rodeo with its radiator still in it, and pulled it to swap into my truck.

It looks pretty identical externally, and seems roughly the same dimensions just by eyeballing it,.. does anyone know of any reason that this Rodeo radiator would not work in my trooper?

Are they the same radiator used in both vehicles? I know I should have asked before I went and bought it, but I had intended only to take one out of a trooper, and found this was my only option once I got to the yard.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forgot to add.. my 92 trooper is a 3.2l automatic,

and the donor radiator came out of a 97 Rodeo 3.2l automatic.

the brace at the top of both vehicles is the same and fits into the same depression in the top of this rodeo radiator, which I why I think they are the same part/SKU.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Personally....sorry, I have a 97 rodeo not sure if it would work in your trooper or not. but a radiator of that age is past it's prime, I got rid of my original radiator over 4yrs ago.

If you plan on keeping your trooper, specially being an automatic, don't gamble with a 15yr old replacement radiator. Buy a new one, they're not outrageiously expensive.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
RF gives good advice. A new one from RockAuto or 1800Radiator is really reasonable and 1800 will deliver to your home on the same day you order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts