Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
I think Doug (Bansil) was looking into this.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
I havent killed it yet. I keep the anti sway bar connected which may help. I had been running rancho rs99214 shocks on front until I killed one. Now I run rancho rs999136 shocks. The 136's are a bit longer so hopefully they arent too long. I dont know what the specs are on the stock shocks. I do know you dont want them too long or it will let the r&p drop too far and break the housing.

rs99214
compressed: 10.370"
extended: 14.500:

rs999136
compressed: 11.375"
extended: 16.750

monroe sensa trac
compressed: 10.125"
extended: 15.000"

I had a problem a couple months ago with the passenger side seal leaking but it seems to have stopped now and hasnt dripped any in the last month.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
only real easy way to do this is............take a 96/97 rodeo and cut off the front of the frame and do the same to yours,then splice back together.

Easy is a relative term :lol:

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bansil said:
only real easy way to do this is............take a 96/97 rodeo and cut off the front of the frame and do the same to yours,then splice back together.

Easy is a relative term :lol:
HA! so im taking the steering swap possibility as a no.....

but anyways i just ordered some stiffer shocks and put my swaybar back on...I also got some droop snubbers from indy 4x so i can rig up something so the front end wont drop to much and rip out the r&p seal...

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
I remember a post on the wire when I first got my rodeo about someone that welded a strip of 3/8" steel plate where the gap is between the LCA and frame to keep the LCA from dropping too far. Dont know how well that worked out.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gizmo42 said:
I remember a post on the wire when I first got my rodeo about someone that welded a strip of 3/8" steel plate where the gap is between the LCA and frame to keep the LCA from dropping too far. Dont know how well that worked out.
ummmm im just going to use a droop snubber :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.