Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
They work great! I ran one on my 1st Trooper for years. you can get them with a nipple on them so you can add a hose as well. I would run one now but would be worried about the little bit it hangs down off road.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
squatch said:
They work great! I ran one on my 1st Trooper for years. you can get them with a nipple on them so you can add a hose as well. I would run one now but would be worried about the little bit it hangs down off road.
there cool make it alot easyer to drain the oil and keep the hand clean

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
I have one of those on my daily driver, although it seems to drain a lot slower than yours. But it is nice to just reach under there and open er up, no wrenches.

I would indeed be worried about hitting it off road, although to my knowledge I have never hit the oil pan while wheeling.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
It's already pretty easy to pull a drain plug to change oil, I guess I don't really need it any easier. And it doesn't bother me to get a little oil on my hands...they wash.

And like Swede, I'd be a little worried it might get caught on something and open the valve if I were offroad.

I would love, an easier way to get a filter off, though. Some vehicles are just a terrible pain in the *** to pull a filter off of.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have never hit the oil pan while wheeling.
I have a good sized dent in my oil pan from a rock though i wheel hard. and all my skid plates are bashed in but they do the job. they are being replaced when I SAS and lift my gas tank.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Rhodes said:
It's already pretty easy to pull a drain plug to change oil, I guess I don't really need it any easier. And it doesn't bother me to get a little oil on my hands...they wash.

And like Swede, I'd be a little worried it might get caught on something and open the valve if I were offroad.

I would love, an easier way to get a filter off, though. Some vehicles are just a terrible pain in the a-- to pull a filter off of.
Little pricey though worth it for me. I use a K&N 1004 oil filter. Has the attached 1" nut on bottom for easy removal. http://www.knfilters.com/search/product ... od=hp-1004

1 - 7 of 7 Posts