Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just lookiing to get a few extra inches under the rodeo 01....dont want to do a body lift.......I know there are a few different ways....thoughts?

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Lift springs and/or spacers in the rear, and adjust front torsion bars to match. Done.

Of course, if you get toward 3" or more, other complications ensue, such as camber alignment. Let us know if you plan to go that high and we can elaborate on what should be done.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive heard that doing the torsion bars isnt the best idea though is that true?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Coil springs out of a Trooper, and T bar crank in the front.

Only thing you'll want to do after cranking the front is have an alignment done. Other than that you aint got nothin to worry about

·
Registered
555 Posts
DWILL08 said:
Just lookiing to get a few extra inches under the rodeo 01....dont want to do a body lift.......I know there are a few different ways....thoughts?
Cheapest is the jack that comes with it,quickest is with a big fork lift.

Actually if you search on this,you will find tons.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
DWILL08 said:
Ive heard that doing the torsion bars isnt the best idea though is that true?
Depends on the vehicle...it actually works pretty well on Isuzus... well enough that nobody has come up with anything better (and if they did it certainly wouldn't be cheap).

If you go beyond 3" ride quality begins to suffer IMO, but it will do 2-3" no sweat.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What would be the coil spriings I would need?? and do I also have to do the shocks?

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
You don't have to do the shocks, as you are really just changing the ride height within the existing range of suspension travel.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OTHER THAN THE JUNKYARD, WHERE CAN I FIND THE SPRINGS?? OR SHOULD I JUST GET THE OME??

·
Registered
677 Posts
If I were looking to change my springs, the last place I'd go to get them would be a junk yard. Only thing you'll find there usually are stock springs with beukoo miles on them.

Get the OME springs and get them new! A fast search of the forums reveals that the springs of choice seem to be the 912 or 924 series depending on the amount of lift you want.

Other options exist. Coil over shock helpers, Air Shocks, Gas filled shocks. All those are just changing the shocks and if you're not looking to go do a bunch of hard core wheeling will work to lift the rear of the rig.

As far as the front goes, crank the T bars and get a good alignment. Its been done so often to so many rigs that its almost factory accepted :).

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i just put new gabriel shocks on the front they were 25.00 each, they have the same for the rear, and the ome 912 will that work??, and then the brakeline??

·
Registered
677 Posts
You're gonna end up with a muscle car rake (rear end higher than front end) if you don't crank the T Bars in front. Otherwise that will work fine. Personally I like the old school raked look ( currently mine has a 1.5 inch rake to it), but that's just me.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Sohc said:
Two things you dont want to skimp out on. Brakes and Suspension.
i agree with you 100%.its better just to do it right.i installed all new ball joints and tie rods when i did my lift on my 95 trooper and my 95 pup 8) recon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts