Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello quick question about the rubber stoppers now where is it exactly? here is a picture what I think where it is but not 100% sure can some one help point the way. thank you.
is this it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kentjoecoo said:
That is a bump stop yes. What you doing with it?
I'm replacing it with independent4x rubber stopers just makeing sure its the right one before removing it. anything i need to know or advice? and thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,587 Posts
depends... link to the bumps you bought from Indy? there is a low pro down bump... the one pictured is the up bump.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,073 Posts
Yeah that is a compression bump stop pictured, not the one you generally want to replace. The droop bumpstop is in the middle of the upper control arm.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Trooper King

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BigSwede said:
Yeah that is a compression bump stop pictured, not the one you generally want to replace. The droop bumpstop is in the middle of the upper control arm.
middle in the upper control arm ok
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,073 Posts
Kentjoecoo said:
No worries. The first time I tried to install low profile bumpstops I mistakenly unbolted the compression bumpstop... That's how I knew from the pic that he was looking at the wrong one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,854 Posts
Why would one need low profile bumpstops? Humor me. For some reason I am a slow learner when it comes to suspension and mods. Trying to learn here so I can make an educated decision when it comes time for suspension mods on my RS.
Thanks.

BigSwede said:
Kentjoecoo said:
No worries. The first time I tried to install low profile bumpstops I mistakenly unbolted the compression bumpstop... That's how I knew from the pic that he was looking at the wrong one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
Jay said:
Why would one need low profile bumpstops? Humor me. For some reason I am a slow learner when it comes to suspension and mods. Trying to learn here so I can make an educated decision when it comes time for suspension mods on my RS.
Thanks.
The more of a low-profile bump stop you have, the more free wheel travel you have before your suspension components slam against the chasis.

A downside to these is once it does make contact, it doesn't absorb the impact as comfortably as a higher profile bump stop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,854 Posts
Okay then. Thanks for that explanation. Any more questions I throw out will jack this thread, so I'll p.m. you or do a search for answers. I can't help but think the Isuzu engineers made the bump stop a particular height for a reason.

Star Blazers said:
Jay said:
Why would one need low profile bumpstops? Humor me. For some reason I am a slow learner when it comes to suspension and mods. Trying to learn here so I can make an educated decision when it comes time for suspension mods on my RS.
Thanks.
The more of a low-profile bump stop you have, the more free wheel travel you have before your suspension components slam against the chasis.

A downside to these is once it does make contact, it doesn't absorb the impact as comfortably as a higher profile bump stop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,073 Posts
Jay said:
I can't help but think the Isuzu engineers made the bump stop a particular height for a reason.
I wish more people asked that question, like those who think that strapping a magnet to the fuel line will increase gas mileage.

In this case, there are many possible reasons. There might have been an engineering reason, such as to protect the CV joints from excessive angles, or protect the shocks from reaching their limit of extension... but it also simply might have been an issue of convenience from a manufacturing standpoint, or off-road capability just wasn't a priority when they designed the bumpstop, or they were thinking of comfort as the above poster mentioned... hard to say for sure what the engineers were thinking.

In real world experience, for Troopers no ill effects of low profile bumpstops have been seen. However, Rodeos/Amigos with rack and pinion steering can actually suffer a blown rack seal if the suspension extends too far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
actually the stock bumpstop are smaller then the Indy bumpstop. indy is a bit bigger then the stock one that I had heres some pictures. I don't know all isuzu have the same size bumpstop?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,587 Posts
^^^Mine were the same... but I have the long arm suspension. Maybe the tall ones are from the short arm gen 1?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,587 Posts


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how did you removed the bumpstop? I have to cut mine off because my hands are to big I don't have asian child like hands
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top