Isuzu SUV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you have a friend that had something bad happen to them, could be worse but still pretty bad. This same friend will get all pissy about something or say something to offend someone and then immediately blame the reason for them acting that way on that event that happened awhile back, thus making the offended party feel sorry for him and things end. I'm sorry, you can't live your life blaming everything yuo do on a single event. I've had my fair share of horrible events in my life but I will never blame my decisions or actions on them, I'm an adult and can make my own decisions. If I'm in a bad mood because of the thought of a past event and I get snippy with someone, I'd just apologize, no need to bring up excuses as to why i did it. :roll:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I agree. I'm going through a situation similar to that right now with my fiancee's brother. We're giving him a place to stay till he can get on his feet but he isn't really taking control of his destiny or doing anything positive to move his life forward. He didnt always have a fair shake of it but he wallows in pity and will not move forward. I hate not be tolerant but I'm to the point that he needs to either man up or move out. I don't need a 24 year old teenager in the house.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Some folks don't know how to cope with past/present events or never seek professional help, thus, they feel better/revenged when someone else feels sorry for them... a.k.a., the pity party.

A cheap way of getting their thrills at someone elses expense.

Just like some of these movie stars... after 10, 20, 30 years, they come out and say they were raped/abused by someone and that's why they've become alcoholics, drug users or whatever. :roll:

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I try to be sympathetic but there comes a time when enough is enough already.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a very low tolerance for these kinds. Sometimes my attitude actually helps the person.

Case in point:

I've been a trucker most of my life. However between this last stroke and the Diabetes that was determined to have been caused by exposure to Agent Orange in Nam, I have lost the privilege to continue my career. So now at the ripe old age of 59 (be 60 in August) I'm not only out of a job, but have no real training to do anything else that today's economy and business criteria will except. Every office type job that I know I can do requires a BA degree. So I am trying to get by on Social Security Disability, which is less than half each month what I used to make every week! Am I depressed? You bet you *** I am!

Anyhow, I'm at the VA going through my therapy to get the use of my hands and arm back when this guy walks in, without an appointment and tells them that he can not continue the treatments because he's too depressed over things that happened back in Nam.

I listened to him go on about wanting to just sit and wait to die for as long as I could and finally I exploded! I told my Therapist that I was leaving before I got up and beat the guy into the floor. I said it loud enough that everyone in the room heard me. The shrink that had been called to talk to the guy heard me and commented that I was being disrespectful and I told him to shove it up his *** too. I had seen plenty in my time over there and I'd learned to move on, not wallow in it and expect everyone else to have pity on me. I also informed him that if anyone had the right to feel sorry for themselves it was me who had just had my entire livelihood ripped away because of something I had no control over.

Anyhow I left before anything else happened and the next week when I went to my appointment my therapist told me that after what I'd said, the guy who was refusing his treatment because he was so deeply depressed had a complete change of attitude and had been doing exactly what the Doctors told him for the first time in years. He was actually recovering.

Seems he was so embarrassed that some Army grunt would have the balls to put down a Marine that he finally got his **** together and straightened up.

Of course I now have the reputation at the VA as a bad *** and every Doc I meet with walks on egg shells not to piss me off...

Heck, I'm still mostly a cripple who can't walk and only has partial use of his hands and very limited use of his legs! It's not like the days of only two years ago when I'd just as soon bust *** as put up with any crap from anyone.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! Not only for your opinion but for everything you gave up for this country (even if you didn't know how much it would be at the time). Your a perfect example of my theory/thought. I guess some people just have that personality and will continue to do this, but glad to see that you helped that guy even though you weren't trying to.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Please don't get pissed with me :?

·
Registered
377 Posts
You could always thrust a running 24" bar 034 Stihl chain-saw into his crotch and ask him how his day is going?

anytime people feel so bad so terrible it can't get worse wah wah wah poor me lifes over, I tell them to go down to the local hospitial emergency room to see what life and deat issues really are messing people up.

Most american people like to whine over anything, dead dog, paper cut, TV doesn't work. traffic jam, prime-rib roast came out over done ! yikes now a prime rib is something to cry about. gotta get your priorities in straight you know.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Rodeo Song said:
anytime people feel so bad so terrible it can't get worse wah wah wah poor me lifes over, I tell them to go down to the local hospitial emergency room to see what life and deat issues really are messing people up.

Most american people like to whine over anything, dead dog, paper cut, TV doesn't work. traffic jam, prime-rib roast came out over done ! yikes now a prime rib is something to cry about. gotta get your priorities in straight you know.
You're actually pretty funny sometimes. You're probably the most hypocritical person. Does it hurt being that full of crap all the time? I imagine it must. :)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Rodeo Song said:
You could always thrust a running 24" bar 034 Stihl chain-saw into his crotch and ask him how his day is going?

now this is the kinda person i hate :wink:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
one thing that we all fail to realize is different things afect people in different ways, maybe your friend just can't shake it whatever it is that happened to him years ago, one thing i also know is that sometimes we don't have the patience to deal with people in our lives, just be a good friend to him he seems to need it.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
by the way that story reminds me of someone here in the planet, he's always bringing up something that happened in his family lately, generally i just try to avoid replying to his posts, but i do read every one of them, they're funny as hell, can anyone guess whom im talking about? i'll give you guys a hint: 8)

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
shut up Tonny :lol:

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
tonnydoodles said:
by the way that story reminds me of someone here in the planet, he's always bringing up something that happened in his family lately, generally i just try to avoid replying to his posts, but i do read every one of them, they're funny as hell, can anyone guess whom im talking about? i'll give you guys a hint: 8)
I was wondering why you never respond to my posts.

:wink:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Selador AKA Tat said:
tonnydoodles said:
I was wondering why you never respond to my posts.

:wink:
you know im not talking about you :D

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
oh no, here it goes again... :lol:

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There he is!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts