Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it DOHC or SOHC or could it be either one? The shortblock was from a Rodeo originally, but the guy doesn't know much more about it than that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I'm looking for is a bolt in shortblock to replace my busted 3.5 in my 99 Trooper. I hear the 3.2 DOHC will bolt right in. Is that true? And if so, which 3.2s will work?

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
I'm told that is true. The 98+ DOHC 3.2l engines should bolt in place of the 98+ 3.5L DOHC engines. The differences really are in the accessories, but since you are keeping yours, you *should* be fine. Be sure to get one that matches yours in the drive-by-wire vs cable throttle setup. It probably won't make any difference since you'll probably swap the intakes, but it doesn't hurt to find one that matches.

The computer may also be different, but knowing Isuzu it wouldn't surprise me to find out that they are the same. After all, the computer uses it's O2 sensors MAF and TPS to adjust the mixture, and I'd expect it to compensate for that change. The computer is able to adjust for the difference between supercharged and non-supercharged.

-Tad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.