Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 1988 isuzu pickup, but it has a 1990 2.6 liter trooper motor in it. The guy who I bought it from says that it needs a new fuel pump, so I was wondering:

1) how hard it would be to do, myself and my dad have some mechanical knowledge, plus it is a project truck not my daily driver so I wouldn't want to take it to a mechanic.

2) because it has the fuel components for the original 2.3 liter motor would the trooper fuel pump fit, or should I just get the original 2.3 liter one, I don't know if they are different.

Thanks for the help this forum seems cool. The battery they gave me wont hold charge or I would be driving it today lol, made it up the driveway thats pretty much it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would check with parts place. Most likely the pump is in the fuel tank.Drop the tank and take it out. Get the same. Unless it's an external aftermarket fuel pump. Then just remove it. Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, yeah I just got a haynes manual, its in the gas tank. I need to fix the throttle too, it kept getting stuck so it was idling at 6 grand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.