Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had issue with my truck not starting. (its a 92 4x4 pick up)

I took it over to my buddy's place whos a mechanic. he traced some wires and found that the fuse marked "room L" inside the cabin fuse box controls the ECU.(or at least on mine it does"

Now for some reason i THINK the radio must be hooked up to this fuse line.

I think this becasue it seems when i have the radio on, it seems to blow that fuse. When I replace the fuse the radio makes a clicking sound for a few seconds then everything is good.

Now it looks like i have an aftermarket deck, but I am not sure as its a detachable face place but has a cassette player. It looks like something from 92.

Now the question is:

Is this on every truck or did some fool just half *** the wiring and connected it to the wrong wire?

I see that there is a "cigar/radio" fuse. So this leads me to believe that the wires got crossed but i just want to make sure before i go ripping everything out.

Any knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Sounds to me like someone borked the wiring.

Quick test to find out... Pull the radio fuse. If the radio still plays, then it is def connected to the wrong fuse. I'd disconnect the radio, and then make sure it is powered from the radio fuse.

If it is connected to the ecu fuse, you are taking a chance on borking the ecu, as well...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts