Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

I have an issue with my rear wiper. It seems to be 'stuck' upon pushing the wiper button, 50% of the time, then eventually it starts working ok.

I can hear the little 'click' from the control panel, but it doesnt move into the 'operating' position right away. Eventually it does, but seems to be sensitive to cold (not sub-freezing) .

Is there anything I can do other than replace ?

Shane .

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I have the same problem on my 98 passport I haven't delved into it yet I'll post here when I do. I'm guessing a bad connector or bad switch.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Not being a smart *** or anything, but is your back window closed? I sometimes open my with the remote (not realizing it) and the wiper won't work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My '99 Rodeo rear wiper gets stuck often. It then just motors on in the stuck position as I rush to stop the truck to un-stick it. It's a pain and I have not solved the problem. It's not getting hung up on the bottom which i have had others vehicles do but just has a hard time on take-off. I am certainly open to suggestions also.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine seems to be functioning again.

I think it was from lack of usage.

What I did was, once it eventually got to the 'ready' position , I turned it off, and on a few times , so it would move from the 'unready' state to the 'ready' state .

so far it hasnt 'siezed' up again .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.