Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking on putting an eaton M90 on a Rodeo 3.1. I plan running it with an intercooler and a 10psi pulley.

I found this video of a 2.8 tbi Trooper from Pueto Rico the guy just finished:

I wrote the guy and he told me hi is running a 4.3 tbi with a ported intake mannifold. He set the gas preassure at 12lbs. The project involves making custom plumbing, custom mounting braket and new pulley.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I would never mount a blower like that on a V engine. I would figure out how to mount it in the valley. It would not be hard to fabricate a blower manifold for the 660. In fact I went to my local Pick A Part this weekend in search of an M90 but they must be hot items because either the blower was gone or the entire engine was.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I just saw this, after doing a search of the entire forum and not finding anything, then saw this on the first page of "Engine Mods".

I'm about to try putting one of those M90's on a 2.8, but like beterthanyou said...I'm pretty sure I'm going to modify/build an intake so it sits on top, rather than mount it on the side. Anybody with advice or experience doing this, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
If you got the money you can just by the Fageol supercharger. It is a very well made unit and comes with all the bits and pieces to bolt it on to a 2.8L/3.1L/3.4L

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I saw those awhile back....it's not so much that I can't afford the kit from Fageol, but rather that I'm not into spending 3 times what a vehicle is worth for something that I'm not even sure I'll want to keep. Also, I'm pretty frugal by nature and don't spend much money on things I don't need, or can't put to use often enough to justify costs. I have 2 kids in college and 2 more starting in a couple of years, so I tend to bank about 70% of my income and don't plan on dipping into savings for anything other than emergencies and college tuition/necessities until my last kid has graduated college. At that point, however, I'm going to start spending on things I want for awhile....my kids won't be getting much of an inheritance from me :)

Anyway, this will be a pretty low-budget project, with all the parts either manufactured/modified by me, or found at a salvage yard, etc. About the only thing I'm sure I'll buy new is a belt to run it :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats the point of the m90 it's cheap and reliable. The guy on the video have a 4.3 tbi and mani although the mani is ported. I will be buying is the belt and a 2.25" pulley to rum 10 pounds of boost but this will be my end of the year project

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
The manifold would no be from a 4.3L. There is no possible way he could have bolted it on or modified it in any way to fit. The TBI on the other hand is a bolt on once the stock 2.8L manifold is bored out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What's the big deal about mounting position? If it's above the passenger side valve cover, or mounted in the valley, the supercharger will still produce the same amount of compression if it's setup properly in either position. Although that guy's setup up probably won't win any best of show prizes at any car shows, it still functions as intended.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Looks like a good spot to me..nothing wrong at all with where that blower is at..he's running it directly into the Throttle body, has the hat bolted down and sealed..the output from the supercharger is directed right at the throttle and being off to the side allows it to sit a little lower than if you had a supercharger mounted on top of the valley pan..besides you would need a different charger for that application to do that..looks like it clears a lot of junk off to the side as well...We built an intake for my rambler thats off to the side and its on a slight tilt..doesnt matter..I think it looks fine..just change the lubricant in the snout and the front bushing on the s/c..You should be able to pick one of those chargers up for like 100 bucks or so..check the screws and for too much play and then go for it..

Heres the S/C on the Rambler..its an M62

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts